Day 3 Part 2 - AKA: If I Only Had a Brain :D

We headed out of Typhoon Lagoon just before closing. It had been a great day and I
was trying to keep a mellow pace. But I wanted us to make it to Spectro, which meant
making it back to the resort and showering/changing, getting food, and driving to the
TTC to catch the monorail to MK ...all within a couple of hours!

We made it back to the resort without issue and the girls jumped in the shower. My
parents decided to sit this one out and Roxy and I decided to wait until we got back
for showers.

Sooo, the girls, Roxy, Nana and I piled into the van and headed out - planning on
making a quick stop at a McDonalds just across the freeway (or so said our GPS).
We crossed under the highway and there wasn't one where the GPS said there was
supposed to be one. But we saw one a bit further down on the other side of the street
so no worries, right?

Well I'm starting to sweat the time a bit and traffic is not cooperating, but we finally
make it to it, get our food ordered, and start eating as I drive towards MK.

We make it to the TTC In decent time and get a pretty good parking spot, and then
headed for the gates. By the time we get through I'm getting a bit panicked about time
and Nana's electric wheelchair starts giving out.

We have 15 minutes to go and I grab the handles on the back and start trucking up
the ramp with her with the girls and Roxy right behind us. We make it up in time and
get on the monorail, and just as the doors are closing....






It was only my second time to the TTC and I didn't pay attention, soooooo


I was exhausted and knew I had pushed us all and then didn't look up at the entrance sign
and BAM! I was in a funk Roxy had seen the sign to EPCOT and had just assumed I
knew where I was going. I had said Magic Kingdom, but it was in the middle of all our
haste driving there so I understand her not catching it ...we were just so hurried.

So I was fuming AND felt like a jerk for making everyone rush and then blowing it.

It is amazing how long the ride to EPCOT and back is when you meant to go somewhere
else. We eventually made it back with my wife talking me down and me trying to to let my
bad mood rub off on the girls..

We of course had to then go down the EPCOT ramp and up the MK ramp. There
was a monorail there which I got myself and Nana to ...but the girls had to go to the
bathroom and couldn't wait so we missed it :|

We took the next one and hustled down the ramp and towards the turnstiles. Bag
check, ticket swipe, and I can hear the music playing! We make it through the tunnel
and come out just as Mickey is rolling around in front of us!

Now one might consider this a triumph, but I knew this was the only night we'd see
the parade so I wanted to get some good pictures. Here's where my next big goof
comes into play.

I had been very good about charging all batteries each night but had neglected to do
so the prior evening ....because we were going to use the waterproof cameras
today, right?????

Needless to say I pulled out my dSLR and bing! dead battery. The parade is wheeling
on by as I struggle with my camera bag. This is the one time that I lost sight of the real
deal ...of making sure the girls were having a good time. No Daddy of the Year award
for me.

Roxy got some help from a kind dad who helped the girls up onto the wall of the tree
planter to the right after you go through the archway on the right. I looked up and they
were set (I didn't know at the time that Roxy had to get help from someone else).

So I went back to my camera bag grumbling about the battery. I even played the
"grumble at Roxy" card because that was the one purchase she said "no" to before our
trip ...having an extra battery for the camera.

Grumble grumble grumble - are we all enjoying my pity party?

I pulled out our video camera, which had been giving us fits lately and not wanting to
start up. After 3 tries it finally spun up and was ready to record. I was gathering up
my bag and attaching the monopod when Nana waved me up onto the porch of
Tony's Town Square Restaurant.

I caught the parade about half way through an pulled these wee screen grabs from it:

We followed the end of the parade up the street and picked a spot on the sidewalk
just up from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor for Wishes. We were at the back of the tape
so at least nobody could crowd in behind us.

Roxy braved the line in the ice cream parlor to get the girls some treats while I tried
to keep people from standing right in front of my Nana in her wheelchair. The show
finally started and I tried the amazing feat of filming with a tired 8yr old on my shoulders.

Here's a few caps from that:

Afterwards we took our time, looking through shops and continuing the search for bells
to add to Kyra's bell collection as Gillian continued to to amass snow globes for her
collection :D

I went out and bought each girl a balloon and was happy to realize that they had been
too tired to notice how grumpy I had gotten earlier. We eventually made our way out
of the park and back home. Roxy and I finally got our showers and we all hit the sack.
And yes, we had a talk after everyone went to bed and I promised to not let life's
little oops'es get to me like that again ;-]

Whew! Another long day with over a week of fun to go! We had MGM or DHS,
whichever you prefer, set for tomorrow. Would it be fun in the sun or are there more
clouds on the horizon? I promise I won't hold y'all in suspense quite so long this time